Water & Sewer
Click here for the 2015 Annual Drinking Water Report
The Heyworth Municipal Water & Sewerage System provides the community with safe, high quality drinking water and waste water disposal services. Our new water treatment facility was constructed in 2002. The System consistently exceeds drinking water standards.
The Village appreciates calls at anytime about water or sewer related problems. Whether you see a water main break, damaged fire hydrant, or simply a damaged water meter, please let us know. To report any damage or for more information, contact the Heyworth Village Hall. When you call, be sure to identify the problem and its location along with your name, address, and phone number.
Water/Sewer and refuse bills are issued the 1st day of each month. Payment is due to Village Hall by the 15th day of the month. Payments may be mailed, made in person at Village Hall, or paid online with the link on the webpage. There is also an after hours drop-off box at Village Hall.
- A minimum water bill per month is 1500 gallons and is $36.31 which includes water, sewer, one moths of garbage ($12.08 per month), and $15.25 in flat fees for water and sewer basic user fees, debt service fees, and capital improvement fees.
- $5.41/1,500 gallons – Up to 1,500 gallon minimum charge
- $4.59/1,000 gallons – 1,500 to 5,000 gallons
- $5.10/1,000 gallons – over 5,000 gallons
- $3.57/1,500 gallons – Up to 1,500 gallon minimum charge
- $3.16/1,000 gallons - 1,500 to 5,000 gallons
- $3.67/1,000 gallons – over 5,000 gallons
$3.25 - Water Basic User Fee
$2.50 - Water Debt Service Fee
$4.00 - Water Capital Improvement Fee
$2.50 - Sewer Debt Service Fee
$3.00 - Sewer Capital Improvement Fee
Bulk Water Service
Bulk water service is provided behind Village Hall at a rate of 75 cents for 25 gallons. The self-service dispensing machine accepts quarters, $1, $5, $10, and $20.
Deposit Fee for new Accounts
New residents and citizens with newly constructed homes should contact Village Hall about billing, water deposit, and connection fees. The current water deposit fee is $150 for residential and $200 for commercial.
The Village of Heyworth has completed the codification of all Village Ordinances with Sterling Codifiers, Inc, which is on the website. The last time this process was completed by the Village of Heyworth was in 1981.
Heyworth Village Hall
108 S Buchanan Street
PO Box 439
Heyworth, Illinois 61745-0439
Phone: (309) 473-2811
Fax: (309) 473-2291
Normal Business Hours
Normal business hours are between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.